Hey friends! I’ve got a really fun jewelry technique to share with you today. If you’re a scrapbooking fan, you probably already know what the Sizzix Big Shot can do on paper. I learned recently that you can also emboss metal blanks with Vintaj dies, so I had to try it out. The effect is awesome! You can create one of a kind pieces with so little effort – I’m going to show you how in just 5 minutes, you can make this DIY steampunk themed necklace. There are also lots of other dies available for all different kinds of looks.
Supplies needed to make your own embossed DIY steampunk jewelry:
- Sizzix Big Shot (with the platform extender and cutting plates)
- Vintaj Arte Metal Blanks (I used the small round 25mm size)
- Vintaj DecoEmboss Steampunk Die
- Steampunk charms
- Between 18-28 inches of chain (I chose a chunky copper chain)
- Jump rings
- Lobster clasp
- Long-nosed jewelry pliers
- Optional – sandpaper
Today’s tutorial is a 5-minute video showing you from start to finish exactly how embossing metal works. It’s so easy to do – I’m hooked!
Adding a little charm gives your piece that much more depth and texture.