I love the ease of flip flops but don’t always like the casual look. With a few supplies, and a little bling from Styled by Tori Spelling, I turned my clearance flip flops into a fun, feminine pair of shoes!
- Flip Flops
- Fabric Scrap
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Craft Knife
- Tulle Netting – Turquiose
- Washi Tape
- Styled by Tori Spelling Large Gold Medallion Pendant
- Hair clip
Part 1: Mod Podge fabric onto flip flop
1. Cut and remove plastic straps from shoe.
2. Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to shoe.
3. Press fabric scrap onto the shoe, smoothing out bubbles.
4. After it has dried, cut off excess fabric.
5. Seal top and sides with a generous coat of Mod Podge.
1. Use the craft knife to cut the fabric where the holes in the shoe are.
2. Measure the tulle so it is twice the length of the shoe. Cut three pieces of tulle.
3. Wrap the end of the tulle with a piece of washi tape to make a shoestring effect.
4. Push the tulle “shoestring” through the bottom two holes.
5. Cut a fourth piece of tulle and tie it around the center of the tulle loop you just created. Insert the ends in the top hole of the shoe.
1. Now that you have your straps, place the shoe on your foot. Tighten the straps to your liking, then secure with a knot.
3. Place E-6000 on the knot and cut off the excess.
4. Take your pendant and remove the jump ring and back ring.
5. Use E-6000 to glue hair clip on.
6. Clip on to your shoe.
Rock your new flip flops!