There are many reasons to keep a gardening journal. One reason is to have the sense of accomplishment; keeping a journal of the progress you have made on your garden is a great way to see your improvements and gardening achievements. The most common reason to keep a garden journal is to keep track of bloom times, plants watering needs, failures, strengths, and map your garden and plants so that you know where your plants are located throughout your property.
Creating a gardening journal is a great gift for Mother’s Day, teacher appreciation, birthdays, or hostess gift.
- 5201-68Darice® Blank Crinkle Cover Journal – Natural Color – 5 x 7 inch
- 111905SWSPR Flower Soft Scenic Windows- Spring
- 0330017FSLIL Flower Soft – Lilac 30 ml Jar
- 00330021FSBOR Flower Soft – Bright Orange 30 ml Jar
- KC625532 K&Company® Que Sera Sera 12 x 12 Designer Paper Pad
1. Begin by cutting the K & Company scrapbooking paper to fit over the front and back covers of the Darice blank journal. Score the edges of the scrapbooking paper so that it can fold over the side covers of your journal.
2. To cover the binding over the journal glue a stiff garden themed ribbon. I used a sunflower ribbon that I had re-purposed from an old sunhat.
4. To create a gorgeous three dimensional look for your gardening journal use Flower Soft Scenic Windows. The window is very easy to attach to your journal using foam spacers. The cover of the gardening journal looks like you are peaking right through a patio door into a beautiful garden.
5. To add the final touches to your gardening journal use Flower Soft to make the flowers in the garden magically come to life. The flowers will look like they are in full bloom on your gardening journal.
Make this journal for friends, family, or even yourself! This gardening journal is sure to inspire all of nature’s masterpieces.