Incorporating recycled elements into your card making is easier than you might think. Embellishments can be made out of almost anything you have sitting around the house. I reused a tissue box out of the paper recycling bin to create one of the layers in the Thank you notes. This set is intended to be a gift so a neat container was needed. That is when I saw an ice cream container peering out of the plastic recycling bin and I thought it would be perfect. I cleaned, washed and dried the container and set it aside while I made the cards.
- Core’dinations Brights Paper Pack
- Core’dinations Card Set – Brights
- White Cardstock
- Sew Easy Fancy Floss
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sand It Gadget/Dust Buddy
- Sizzix Embossing Folders – Thank You, Wedding, Dots
- Spellbinders Nestability – Large Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
- Scrappy Cat - Thank You Stamps
- Ink Pad
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Empty Tissue Box
- Empty Ice Cream Container
- Ribbon, Buttons and any other supplies hanging around the house you would like to use
Choose four colors of cardstock and 12 card bases from the boxed set.
Cut a 5 inch x 12 inch strip off of each color of paper, then cut that into 5 inch x 4 inch pieces.
Emboss each card base and the 12 pieces of cardstock however you like.
Cut large scallop shapes from your empty tissue box.
Cut a large white oval, a small white oval and a large blue ovals. Layer the pieces over one another and glue together.
Stamp sentiments on the white cardstock oval and adhere as shown.
To cover the ice cream container, trace the shape of the container on a sheet of Core’dinations paper. Trim it to size and glue it on the outside of the container.
Dress up the container even more by adding a ribbon bow, a spare button and a tag.
So ,as you can see it is easy to incorporate recycled material into your cards. Whether it is in the materials used on the cards or if it is how you present them.