This just might be my favorite holiday decoration ever!
This project was really inexpensive. Extremely easy–my kids helped out. And they turned out darling!
See for yourself:
Supplies needed to make your own DIY Halloween Felties Wall Hangers:
- Felties® Halloween Spider Kit
- Felties® Halloween Ghost Kit
- Felties® Halloween Owl Kit
- Felties® Halloween Jack O’ Lantern Kit
- 8″ Round Wooden Embroidery Hoops (4)
- Black Ribbon
- Assorted 9″x12″ Felt Sheets (I used green, orange, purple and black)
- Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
- Krylon® Glitter Spray-Glistening Gold (optional)
- Glue Gun Helper Tools (optional)
- Various Embellishments: buttons, ribbon scraps, etc. (optional)
I was really impressed with the Felties® kits! They came with everything you need to put together these darling Halloween images! The pieces were pre-printed with detail that looked like I hand-stitched the pieces.
My daughter was thrilled to be my assistant!
If you do not have the Glue Gun Helper set in your crafting arsenal, might I recommend them? (Unless you enjoy blistered fingertips!) These things have saved me from burns on many crafting occasions. They would make a great gift for a crafter that “has everything.”
Hey, I like glitter!
Then, you need to select the felt pieces that you would like your Felties® to go on.
Open your embroidery hoops, and lay the selected felt over the bottom hoop, and stretch it tight. Place the top hoop over the bottom hoop, and secure the felt in between the hoops. Tighten the top nut.
Add additional embellishments if desired.
I added some buttons, ribbon, string and some cut stars and bats.
You will wish that Halloween was all year long.