For as long as cotton balls have existed, kids have probably used them to make Santa’s beard! The only problem is that we so rarely have cotton balls on hand and if I do, they’re way too small to get that fun full beard effect. What’s a frazzled, busy, procrastinating mother to do?!
Here’s a quick and easy way to make a reusable Christmas Countdown that can be used year after year. No more last minute runs to the drug store on December 1st! The best thing about this project is that you can keep costs to a minimum by using a dollar store pizza pan and buying your white pom poms and magnets from Consumer Crafts. I looked around everywhere and let me tell you, pom poms and magnets can get expensive!
- Santa’s Christmas Countdown Free Printables (01: Beard, 02: Face and Hat, 03: Head)
- 9″ Round Pizza Pan
- 2″ White Craft Pom Poms
- 1.75″ Chipboard Circles
- All Purpose Tacky Glue
- 1/2″ Adhesive Backed Magnets
- Cardstock (You can use any colors you’d like! I’d love to see this with glitter paper.)
- Krylon Adhesive Spray
1. Glue 25 of the 2″ white pompoms to the circle chipboard pieces. Try to keep the glue off your fingers, I was peeling pompom fibers off for days! Stick magnets to the back when glue is completely dry.
2. Print off the Santa’s Christmas Countdown free printables. The beard printable (freeprintable01) will need to be printed on two pages of cardstock and taped together (unless you have a larger printer, of course!). Just open up the file and select “Tile Larger Pages” under Page Scaling in the Print options box that pops up.
3. Cut out all the face, hat and head pattern pieces and trace them onto your cardstock of choice. If you flip the patterns and trace them onto the back of the paper, you don’t have to worry about your pencil lines showing up. (I didn’t use the eye pattern since it was so small. You can use it or just draw it in with a marker.)Google+