With the holidays quickly approaching, I’m sure you can think of a million and one ways to put these wire names to good use. Personalized craft ornaments? Check. Special gift tags? Check. Holiday dinner place settings? Check and check. The options are endless!
- 12 Gauge Aluminum Jewelry Wire
- Baker’s Twine or Yarn
- Eurotool Adhesive Super New Glue
- Pliers with Cutter
1. Write or print out in lowercase cursive the name you’ll be making into craft ornaments. Cut a piece of wire long enough to “write” out name. I used an 18″ piece of wire for Jack’s name. Better to cut too long a piece than too short!
2. Begin by making a loop at the beginning of the name with the wire and then follow the lines to make each letter. Use your pliers to pinch tight corners and hold completed letters in place with tape.
5. Continue wrapping the yarn or twine tightly around each letter until the entire name is filled. As you can see in the picture, you’re going to have to unbend some of the tight corners to get the yarn/twine in there. Use the glue to help the yarn/twine stay in place in these tight corners. Just watch out you don’t glue your fingertips!
5a. Names with “T” or “X”: When you get to a letter that has a separate section like “t” or “x,” wrap all the way up to the section and then pull the yarn/twine to the end and wrap downward toward the center. Repeat for the bottom half of the line. Ok, that sounds crazy confusing…just follow what’s in the picture!
6. Finish off with a basic knot tied close to the base of the heart. Add a drop of glue to make sure the yarn/twine is secure and your new personalize craft ornaments are done! Now the fun part begins.Google+